Data Analysis  

Morning all!

Over the past few months some of us have been screen shotting and discussing the amount of money available in Alpha Team. Myself and Gato elected to collect all of the previous discussions and collate them into a spreadsheet of the funding raised through Alpha Team over time.

Through some wizardry I have done various things with the data and have created charts showing trends. Myself and Gato are capturing the amount of money in Alpha Team at 2000 GMT each day, I'm entering this into the spreadsheet and publishing the charts in the Discord. A copy is available here, for best viewing download and view the file in excel.

If you'd like to just view the charts I will be continuing to post these in the Discord.

This topic was modified 6 months ago 2 times by Kai
Serving Detention Officer, Special Constable, and community moderator of Keep The Peace.
ReplyQuote
Posted: 06/02/2019 8:36 pm.

Serving Detention Officer, Special Constable, and community moderator of Keep The Peace.
ReplyQuote
Posted: 07/02/2019 8:55 am.

Thanks for doing this. The data is interesting, but I'm not sure the linear projection shown on the graph is very helpful - it's clear that funding tends to spike at certain points (e.g. just before and after the prototype release), and then fall back. That said, I hope the increase does continue at a reasonably steady pace until the end of March. At the moment it's looking like the goal can be met, or exceeded, as long as there's a few hundred dollars coming in per day.

ReplyQuote
Posted: 07/02/2019 9:13 am.
Posted by: Neria

Thanks for doing this. The data is interesting, but I'm not sure the linear projection shown on the graph is very helpful - it's clear that funding tends to spike at certain points (e.g. just before and after the prototype release), and then fall back. That said, I hope the increase does continue at a reasonably steady pace until the end of March. At the moment it's looking like the goal can be met, or exceeded, as long as there's a few hundred dollars coming in per day.

I did originally have an exponential which fitted the data set more appropriately, when I split the data into pre and post prototype however I didn't have a wide enough data set for excel to calculate an exponential. 

ReplyQuote
Posted: 07/02/2019 9:17 am.

ReplyQuote
Posted: 07/02/2019 7:03 pm.

ReplyQuote
Posted: 18/02/2019 3:17 pm.

ReplyQuote
Posted: 02/03/2019 12:55 pm.

Thanks for doing this Kai, nice to see how the project is coming along. 

ReplyQuote
Posted: 10/03/2019 8:14 pm.

This is the chart at present, updated to reflect the current lack of funding goal.

Open image in a new tab for best viewing experience.

ReplyQuote
Posted: 28/05/2019 9:37 am. YourturnGaming liked.
Chat on Discord