Vehicle mods  

Hi would there be a vehicle modification or downloads extras criteria . For example I noticed your basic patrol car looks like the basics of a crown vic would there be anyway to create a real crown vic model or a Chevrolet Tahoe so have real life emergency vehicles in game ? 

ReplyQuote
Posted: 04/01/2019 6:48 pm. ThePeacekeeper liked.

Howdy!

The game won't include real-world vehicles, however we do have plans (at some point in the future) to allow importing user-created models and textures. No ETA on when that might be incorporated, however, since we're still quite early in development.

Nick

ReplyQuote
Posted: 08/01/2019 2:29 am. ThePeacekeeper and Browny997 liked.

That’s amazing thankyou 👍

ReplyQuote
Posted: 08/01/2019 6:15 am.

@deliberative_nick , In about 5 months I am planning on traveling to Canada to get back with some friends, I have never been, what can I look out for in Canada and what is the RCMP like or other first responders?

ReplyQuote
Posted: 11/01/2019 8:54 am.

would there be a steam workshop like for ATS or ETS2

ReplyQuote
Posted: 19/01/2019 1:18 am.
Posted by: Cannon003

@deliberative_nick , In about 5 months I am planning on traveling to Canada to get back with some friends, I have never been, what can I look out for in Canada and what is the RCMP like or other first responders?

That's awesome! Whereabouts in the country will you be going? It's a big place, so it definitely depends where you're gonna be. If you come to Toronto, you won't see any RCMP, but check out the Toronto Police Museum at police headquarters downtown. If you're in Ottawa you'll probably be able to spot some RCMP on federal property (like Parliament Hill) but you can also go out of your way to visit them:  http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/ride-centre

If you're on the other side of the country in Vancouver, you'll almost certainly see both the RCMP (driving around in white Fords) and Vancouver Police (in black Dodge Chargers, and *a lot* of unmarked vehicles).  I hear Vancouver also has a decent police museum, though I've not yet been able to visit myself.

ReplyQuote
Posted: 25/01/2019 8:25 am.
Posted by: MUSTANGFAN55

would there be a steam workshop like for ATS or ETS2

If, when release time comes, we launch on Steam, then using the Workshop as a distribution method for mods would be a logical choice. But we're too far out from there to be able to predict if/when that will be. 

ReplyQuote
Posted: 25/01/2019 8:26 am.

Hi Browny,

Just following on in relation to the reasoning behind not introducing real-life vehicles into games, not only in Keep The Peace. Licenses to use just one or two real-life vehicles can often exceed the cost of purchasing a real-world vehicle, and can come with other legal implications or stipulations on portrayal. Automotive companies would rather not see their vehicles shown as outperformed or otherwise inferior to competitors.

Soren Rodman, Moderation Team
ReplyQuote
Posted: 30/01/2019 1:22 am. deliberative_nick and Browny997 liked.

Yeah I appreciate just more look alike famous police vehicles without breaking rules 

ReplyQuote
Posted: 30/01/2019 7:03 am.
Chat on Discord